House Paws Animal Hospitals
Our hospital, house call, and farm call services are comprehensive.
Come in for world-class veterinary care in Northern Virginia.
We advocate the highest standard of care possible for your pet and explain our recommendations. We want you to be well informed as to what is medically possible and reasonable for your pet. We only recommend treatments and procedures needed and that follows standards of care, you decide if you want to treat. We welcome complex medical conditions and surgical cases of all kinds.
Pets receive comprehensive in-home services – everything but surgery or x-rays in your home.
Horses and other equines receive the best possible state-of-the-art care at your barn.
Comprehensive care for farm pets and sensible care for production animals including surgery.
House Paws In-Home Veterinary Care was started in 1994 by Leah R. Knode VMD to provide an In-home Veterinary alternative for pets and their owners who stress when going to the vet.
House Paws Animal Hospital Lovettsville opened April 2015, House Paws Animal Hospital Round Hill, December 2015, House Paws Animal Hospital Berryville, March 2017, House Paws Animal Hospital Winchester, December 2017 were opened to provide the same calm, fear-free, stress-free experience to veterinary hospital clients known to the House Call clients.
- We believe in providing wellness solutions to help keep your pet happy and healthy for a long lifetime.
- We believe our pet companions deserve the best medical care possible.
- We believe in preventative care to detect and treat conditions BEFORE a problem becomes a crisis.
- We believe all animals deserve compassionate and gentle treatment.
- We believe in open communication with our clients to ensure all clients understand treatment options and post-visit home care of their animals.
- We believe that old age is not a disease, that pets can have a quality life well into “old” age without heroic measures and WITH a well-managed holistic wellness program – not just pills and shots.
What Being a Veterinarian Really Takes
Your feedback means the world to us.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family.
“The team at House Paws is extraordinary – they will go the extra mile to provide expert care for your animals, to get you the information you need, they work with both domestic and farm animals, and their generosity and compassion knows no bounds. I can highly recommend them.”
“Dr. Knode and staff are wonderful! We met them by way of emergency and they were most compassionate with assisting us saying goodbye to our 14-year-old dog and family member! Today we brought our kitten in, and for our 2nd time meeting, they are consistent! Loving, compassionate and truly care about your animal whether first or last time meeting. I highly suggest this practice, they are wonderful 💗 We have found our Vet for our furbaby family, and are so thankful!”